Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: year zero

  1. #11
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: year zero

    I was listening to NIN in HS back in 90-91..lol..guess that's why I'm partial to PHM...I like alot of songs on the fragile..but it just sounds too over-thought and over-produced to me. I think it is Trent's worst...but that is still a great album. A 9 on a scale of 10 to me.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  2. #12
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: year zero

    Im the same as you, it was 90 or 91 when I got into them, I was just a kid then. But I love the Fragile, the instrumental stuff he does is what I loved the most, I love his evolution, Id hate to have PHM or DS over and over again.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  3. #13
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: year zero

    Yeah...for years that was it...my fave song by trent is last from broken tho...i like broken but really it's only an ep.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #14
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: year zero

    Finally gave the album a listening from beginning to end, definitely worth the wait to sit down and listen to the whole album!!
    The cd design is pretty neat as well.



    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  5. #15
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: year zero

    I showed the_alienist the CD last night and made her call the # in yankeeNOLA's sig too...freaked her out... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    It's an awesome album. I dig it.

    So what's the latest on the rights to a movie based on the story behind this album? I keep hearing that will be the next thing Trent & Co. does.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: year zero

    So far i've really enjoyed the following songs the most (the whole album is good, but these are my favorites)

    survivalism
    Capital G
    God Given
    Meet Your Master
    The Great Destroyer
    In This Twilight
    The Good Soldier
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  7. #17
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: year zero

    2 5 and 7 are my favs so far.

    Overall album, I think is better than with teeth, with teeth had two songs though that are better than any two tracks on YZ so far for me, that being right where it belongs and beside you in time.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  8. #18
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: year zero

    Agreed on the two songs off of with teeth
    the beside you in time dvd (which im sure you probably purchased) has a great performance of right where it belongs, as well as beside you in time.
    the whole dvd is chock-full from beginning to end of great performances, they didn't have a bad one
    the video being imposed over the screen, same as they had in k-ville just adds to right where it belongs...
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  9. #19
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: year zero

    I still havent taken the disc out of my cd player. Quite possibly the best album I have heard in many a day.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  10. #20
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: year zero

    Overall this is probably Trent's most cohesive album...but it being a concept album has alot to do with that. When I listen to it I don't skip a track..Love all of it..kinda reminds me of first getting PHM back in the day...I don't think that cassette was ever rewound or fast forwarded...On this disk tho I look forward to "Meet Your Master" and "God Given"..the latter of which I think is one of NIN's 3 best songs.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •